Houston Criminal Attorney How to post a cash bond in Harris County, Texas
How to post a cash bond in Harris County, TexasJune 20th, 2010
In my last post, I discussed the different types of bonds. In the next few posts, I will discuss how to post the different bonds. For cash bonds
- Cash bonds may be posted at the bonding window located on the first floor of the 49 North San Jacinto Building.
- You may post a cash bond by paying the full amount of the bond in cash, cashier’s check (upon verification), or money order.
- You must have proper identification consisting of a valid state, or federal ID card or driver’s license. All identification must bear depositor’s photograph.
- If a defendant appears in court as scheduled, and the case is disposed of, the court will issue a refund order. All cash refunds are processed through the Harris County Auditor’s Office at 713-755-6504.
- The Harris County Sheriff’s Office will accept all nationally recognized money orders and cashier’s checks (upon verification) for the payment of fines and the posting of bonds. Cashier’s checks and money orders must be made payable to the “Harris County Sheriff’s Office”.
- Out-of-County cash bonds may be posted for another county’s charges. You will need money order, cashier’s check or traveler’s check for the full amount of the bond. The Harris County Sheriff’s Office, Bonding Section, will instruct you on who to make the money order payable to at the time the bond is posted.
- No personal checks are accepted.
- Only exact dollar amounts are accepted.
- No change can be given when posting a bond or paying a fine.